Hey everybody! Just wanted to say hi and thanks for reading this year. I honestly can’t believe that anyone besides my mom reads this blog, so thank you for popping in this year! I hate New Year’s resolutions but I love lists and planning house projects so I will gladly take this opportunity to write not one, but THREE, end of the year lists: 2016 HOUSE HIGHS
- A mostly finished backyard tops all lists ever.
- The crazy-faced backyard wall.
- Painting the front door twice. Low cost, big impact.
- The sudden splitting up of kid’s rooms, which produced my daughter’s super adorable room. (Funny update: they have been sleeping in the same room again for months, so ya…)
- A fireplace screen. Small but bringing lots of happiness.
- Not a house project but definitely impacting them: HOMESCHOOLING. So good, so hard, so glad we are doing it.
- And forever a favorite: this orange door. Again with the painting of doors…apparently all I could pull together this crazy year!
2016 HOUSE LOWS
- The main bath project that is sadly still dragging on. Roadblocks at every turn.
- Painting the exterior sucked and I’m not even close to being finished.
- We still don’t have baseboards.
2017 HOUSE GOALS
- Front yard! It’s a shameful weed mess right now. 2017 is our year, I feel it!
- Finish painting the exterior. Dang. It.
- Hang some wallpaper in our bedroom.
- Buy or make a real bed for the main bedroom. No more living like college kids.
- Finish the main bath.
- Family room divider.
- Get the family room pulled together.
- Finish (as in, install ONE light) our guest bath.
I don’t really remember doing this, but I guess I made a 2016 list last year. Pleasantly surprised to see that we almost accomplished half the list. I my book, a smashing success! I’m aiming for a clean 50% this year. Slow and steady.
Since all good end-of-the-year lists close with a prediction, I’m gonna leave you with this nugget from my demented brain: BEANBAGS. The logical next step to all these squishy 70’s couches popping up everywhere. Will I or won’t I in 2017?! Haha! But really. Wishing everyone an amazing New Year. Seriously so incredibly shocked that anyone reads this garbage and so incredibly thankful to have gotten to know some of you fellow house nuts, even if only virtually! xoxo
P.S. In 2017 it’s now socially acceptable for adults to hang mobiles over their face. The one above is from CB2 and it’s great!